Friday 5 August 2011

Dockett's dog solution - foxsportsarizona.com

5 August 2011

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. -- Defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, one of the game's reigning originals, wanted to bring his pet alligator, Nino, to camp, but he says Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt put the kibosh on that plan. So Nino stayed home in Florida with a baby-sitter, putting the entire neighborhood on notice.
dockettgator_tb.jpg

“My neighbor has a dog, and before I got my gator the dog would always run into the yard,” Dockett said. “(My neighbor) came over and she was like, ‘yeah, um, I heard you got a gator?’

“I said, ‘yeah I got him in the back yard.’

“She said, ‘OK,’ picked her dog up, and I haven’t seen the little dog since.’ ”

Dockett bought the gator a year ago and posted some photos, but Nino’s legend is about to grow.

“I’m going to put some stuff on YouTube ‘cause one of my boys was feeding him a rabbit the other day and he got up and squashed the rabbit in one bite and swallowed it whole,” Dockett said.

Dockett insists Nino (photo from Dockett's twitter account) is still a manageable size.

“Once he gets like 200 pounds, I’m probably going to give him back and get a new one,” he said.

No comments: